June 26, 2024

A song Biden could sing

 Sam Smith - Going through my song book I came across on of my old favorites which would be a great tune for Joe Biden to sing tonight during the debate. It was made popular by the late Mose Allison:

You’re sitting here yakking in my face
I guess I have to put you in your place
You know if silence was golden
You wouldn’t be worth a dime
Because your mind is on vacation and your mouth is working overtime

 You’re quoting figures and dropping names
Telling stories about all those dames
Overlaughing when things aren’t funny
Trying to sound like you have big money
You know if talk was criminal You’d live a live of crime
Because your mind is on vacation and your mouth is working overtime

You know that life is short and talk is cheap
Don’t make promises that you can’t keep
If you don’t like this song just grin and bear it
All I can say if the shoe fits, wear it
And if you must keep talking please make it rhyme
Because your mind is on vacation and your mouth is working over time

No comments: