June 15, 2024

Thoughts of Donald Trump

Collected from a variety of sources including Dave Fawbert in Shortlist, International Business Times, and Chris Edizza.

Milwaukee: A “horrible city”

America: "I think if this country gets any kinder or gentler, it's literally going to cease to exist."

“We have the worst laws.”

Mexico: "I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will have Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words."

"They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

Global warming: “It's really cold outside, they are calling it a major freeze, weeks ahead of normal. Man, we could use a big fat dose of global warming!"

"The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive."

“My whole life has been heat. I like heat, in a certain way.”

"This very expensive GLOBAL WARMING bullshit has got to stop. Our planet is freezing, record low temps,and our GW scientists are stuck in ice.”

"The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive."

Voting appeal: "To be blunt, people would vote for me. They just would. Why? Maybe because I'm so good looking."

Making America great again: "The line of 'Make America great again,' the phrase, that was mine, I came up with it about a year ago, and I kept using it, and everybody's using it, they are all loving it. I don't know, I guess I should copyright it, maybe I have copyrighted it."

Terrorism: "If you look at Saddam Hussein, he killed terrorists. I'm not saying he was an angel, but this guy killed terrorists."

Rand Paul: "I never attacked him on his looks, and believe me, there's plenty of subject matter right there."

Women: "There’s nothing I love more than women, but they’re really a lot different than portrayed,” he confides. “They are far worse than men, far more aggressive, and boy, can they be smart!"

Trump on Trump: "I'm the most successful person ever to run for the presidency, by far. Nobody's ever been more successful than me. I'm the most successful person ever to run. Ross Perot isn't successful like me. Romney - I have a Gucci store that's worth more than Romney."

"Love him or hate him, Donald Trump is a man who is certain about what he wants and sets out to get it, no holds barred. Women find his power almost as much of a turn-on as his money."

John McCain: “He's a war hero 'cause he was captured. I like people that weren't captured”

His family: "I would never buy Ivana any decent jewels or pictures. Why give her negotiable assets?"

"As a kid, I was making a building with blocks in our playroom. I didn't have enough. So I asked my younger brother Robert if I could borrow some of his. He said, 'Okay, but you have to give them back when you're done.' I used all of my blocks, then all of his blocks, and when I was done I had a great building, which I then glued together. Robert never did get those blocks back."

His supporters: "I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters."

Immigration: “Why are we having all these people from shithole countries coming here?”

Marriage and parenthood: “I won’t do anything to take care of them. I’ll supply funds and she’ll take care of the kids. It’s not like I’m gonna be walking the kids down Central Park.”

Russia: “Russia will have much greater respect for our country when I am leading it than when other people have led it…If Putin likes Donald Trump, I consider that an asset, not a liability, because we have a horrible relationship with Russia.”

"I think I would probably get along very well with Russia. I think I would probably get along very well with Putin.”

Marriage: "My marriage, it seemed, was the only area of my life in which I was willing to accept something less than perfection"

Promises: “Even one of them recently said that President Trump made promises, but he’s kept many more promises. I mean, far more than I made.”

Hospitals: “You go to the hospital. You have a broken arm. You come out, you are a drug addict with this crap.”

Pillows: “Great pillows. I actually use them, believe it or not.”

China: "I know the Chinese. I've made a lot of money with the Chinese. I understand the Chinese mind."

Success: “"One of the problems when you become successful is that jealousy and envy inevitably follow. There are people -- I categorize them as life’s losers -- who get their sense of accomplishment and achievement from trying to stop others. As far as I’m concerned, if they had any real ability, they wouldn’t be fighting me, they’d be doing something constructive themselves."

Hyperbole: "The final key to the way I promote is bravado. I play to people's fantasies. People may not always think big themselves, but they can still get very excited by those who do. That's why a little hyperbole never hurts."

 

 

 

 

No comments: