May 11, 2024

Alternative sex and gender

 Former President Trump said Friday he would roll back transgender student protections enacted last month by the Biden administration “on day one” of his presidency if he is reelected in November.

Seattle Times  - A kindergarten teacher at St. Luke School in Shoreline is not having her teaching contract renewed for next year because she’s gay and getting married. ‘Father Brad does not approve of my upcoming marriage and feels it is best for the St. Luke community if I no longer teach at St. Luke,’ the teacher, Karen Pala, said in an email to kindergarten parents. ‘Father Brad’ refers to Brad Hagelin, the parish priest. ‘This news has been extremely difficult for me,’ Pala went on. ‘I am a faithful practicing Catholic and I was ready to spend the next 30 years of my career at St. Luke.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...


As I commented elsewhere, a few years ago, a married catholic school teacher in Wisconsin was fired just for having IVF.

One minute it was OK... then it wasn't.