September 9, 2017

Flotsam & Jetsam: Unexepected evacuation

Sam Smith - I've got a sister who lives in Florida and a sister-in-law who lives in Puerto Rico, but fortunately they are in Maine right now. I also have a sister in Montana where 80% of the counties are having wildfires and nieces who survived recent crises in Houston and Mexico.

What I wasn't expecting, however, driving home from Portland, ME last night with my wife and another sister was that I wouldn't be able to get there because of a tree across the road in the adjoining woods and a downed power line or two. The cop on the scene said Central Maine Power wasn't expected for another two hours or so.  So while all my relative were surviving true tragedies, we literally had to evacuate to the Hilton Garden Inn about four miles up street. Very good bed and tasty waffles and bacon.

No comments: