Sam Smith - I first took part in an election stuffing envelopes when I was 12 years old in a vote that ended decades of GOP rule in Philadelphia. Seventy six years later I am still working on the principle I learned back then: go with the candidate who will act and vote the best. The fact that a candidate may have said or acted wrong in the past, especially on non-political matters, is pretty standard but the important thing is what will they do in the job that they’re seeking. For example, neither Susan Collins nor Troy Jackson are particularly strong role models but Jackson is the one who will most likely vote the right way if elected. Much clearer is the justifications for supporting Hanna Pingree.
The other race that draws my attention is for town council
in Freeport. Running is Jim DeGrandpre
who I’ve known and worked with for about six decades and have never experienced
a bad moment. He not only is a great candidate, he is a role model for candidates
we should be proud to elect.
No comments:
Post a Comment