August 18, 2018

Just wondering

Sam Smith - The recent stories about Trump killing John Brennan's security clearance raised a question I haven't thought about in over fifty years: whatever happened to the top secret security clearance I had as a Coast Guard officer back in the early Sixties. Turns out I would have lost it in two years if I had not needed it further, which I didn't. Oh well, I haven't missed it but I did learn a new reason to be sympathetic toward Brennan. It's not just the government that requires these clearances; it is also corporations doing business with the government that someone like Brennan might work for - dozens of them. And it raises a more important question: how does Donald Trump get away with a top secret security clearance if Brennan can't have one?

No comments: