August 5, 2016

Even LePage thinks Trump needs to cool it

TPM

Gov. Paul LePage (R) said  that he told Donald Trump that he needs to be more disciplined in order to win the presidency -- or else the United States will wind up as a banana republic under Hillary Clinton.

"I told him one word: discipline,” LePage said on the Howie Carr Show, according to a clip highlighted by Buzzfeed News. “He said, ‘what do you mean?’ I said, ‘From here on out, everybody’s gonna wanna try to trip you so you gotta have discipline. He said, ‘oh, I get it. I get it.’”

In response, Carr told LePage, "He said, ‘what do you mean?’ I mean, that’s not a good sign."

LePage himself has a history of making controversial and vulgar remarks. Most recently, he made racially charged comments in February lamenting that drug dealers from New York come to Maine and "impregnate a young, white girl."

No comments: