New
Republic - While giving remarks at the National Medal of Honor Museum in
Texas Thursday, President Trump complained to a room full of medal recipients
that he can’t have one.
“The thing I really want is I
want for myself a Congressional Medal of Honor, and I’ve studied it and I will
give it to myself. I have no problem, but I’m not allowed to. Can you believe
it? The one thing I’m not allowed to do,” Trump said to laughter from the
audience, which included 15 of the 65 living recipients of the honor. “I would
give myself, so it would make it instead of 15, we’d have 16.”
New Republic - President Trump led his fans in a bizarre pledge at the Republican midterm convention in Dallas Thursday night. “Please raise your right hand. I pledge, to the greatest president in the history of the United States, that loves us so much he can’t even breathe, that I will go out with my family, my friends, I’ll do it any way, I don’t care if I’m registered or not, I’m gonna try and cheat like hell like they do, there’s never been bigger cheaters, they don’t care.”
Alternet -
President Donald Trump followed up his flop-filled Wednesday speech at
the 2026 Republican midterms convention with an equally blunder-brimming sequel
on Thursday….The humiliating highlights included:
He falsely insisted the
convention was "packed" just like it was "packed last
night." The various images of empty seats on both occasions begged to
differ. Later he claimed the "highest rafter" was packed and urged
people to not go to the bathroom so the media could not capture as many images
of empty seats. ….
Repeating a claim that was met
with a notably tepid response on Wednesday, Trump insisted that he had ended
the era in which America is a "laughingstock." Yet even as he claimed
that America is more respected than ever, America is currently losing both its
literal war against Iran and its trade war against Canada. ….
Near the end he closed by forcing
the crowd to pledge an allegiance not to America, not to God, but to "the
greatest president" who loves them "so much he can't even
breathe" to get out and vote for him, as well as get their personal networks
to do likewise. He even said that if they don't go and vote, presumably for
him, they will "go to hell."
Newsworthy - President Trump said the United States “wouldn’t exist” if he had lost, turning a campaign slogan into governing policy stakes backed by a push for new election laws. Trump repeated that America would be “finished” without his win, tying it to border and election fears. He urged Congress to pass the SAVE America Act to tighten voter rules and restore trust. Critics call the language habitual hyperbole and dispute his evidence on election risks.
No comments:
Post a Comment