SAM SMITH BIO

TALES FROM THE ATTIC

MULTITUDES: The unauthorized memoirs of Sam Smith

SAM'S MUSIC

September 16, 2026

Artificial intelligence


NY Times - President Trump posted on Truth Social this week that artificial intelligence and the data centers that power it “will be the Greatest Economic Development Engine in History ­­— Bigger than Oil, Gold, Diamonds, or even the Internet.”

….In hundreds of replies to Mr. Trump’s Truth Social posts this week, commenters criticized his enthusiasm, offering a social media snapshot that mirrors recent polling, which shows that Republicans are increasingly concerned about the technology. The New York Times analyzed thousands of comments on Mr. Trump’s posts to create a snapshot of what his most loyal supporters are thinking about his pro-A.I. stance.

…. Overall, the number of comments disparaging A.I. and data centers outnumbered those supporting the technology by nearly four to one, the analysis showed. Many of the comments criticizing the president came from users whose profiles suggested they were otherwise staunch Trump supporters and members of his MAGA movement. Hundreds of other comments included only images or memes, which were not analyzed, or did not directly address data centers or A.I.

No comments:

Post a Comment