August 18, 2017

The huge ignored bias in the Senate

Nine states, with over half the population of the United States, have only 18% of Senate seats. The other half have 82%.

4 comments:

J. Calvin Smith said...

How is this? Each state gets two senators. Are you talking about the House of Representatives?

J. Calvin Smith said...

Wait. I spoke up stupidly and too soon. Two senators per state do produce the percentages of which you spoke. My apologies.

Anonymous said...

hey Mr. Smith above, you should go to Washington! Congress desperately needs somebody who honorably models how one catches their own mistake, explains how they got it wrong, says without equivocating that the other guy was right and gives a sincere apology. Bravo, Sir!

Anonymous said...

One might also ask...

Why is it that some states have soooo many Representatives in the House, compared to other states.

Isn't this the way it was designed?