The dominant ones to date have been legal action and protests. The long underused boycott alternative seems to be gaining some steam, but there's a another tool worth checking out: have some fun with it all.
Since the court ruling may cause an explosion in the use of prayer in secular forums, here are some ways to handle it:
- As the prayer begins, walk out.
- Cough and sneeze
- Stand up and check your cellphone
- Stand and make some religious seeming movements with your arms
- Cry "Amen" and "Praise the Lord" at inappropriate moments
- HumRemember, these right-wing Christian heretics want more than anything to be taken seriously. We need to stop doing them the favor.
- Have someone elsewhere in the room call you on your un-airplane moded phone
- End the prayer with some loud indecipherable phrase that will make some suspect that you're Muslims.