November 28, 2012

Wednesday morning line

Sam Smith - If I seem a little smug today it's because I didn't make the same mistake as Jim Cook Jr., editor of the South Jersey Times.

I came close, though, because like him I noted a local elected post short on contestants and thought seriously of starting my own write in campaign. Fortunately, my wife convinced me that being on the Freeport Sewer Board wouldn't be all that much fun.

Cook, who had noticed there was an empty spot on the Woodstown-Pilesgrove school board, wrote eight Facebook posts urging that he be elected. And he won a three year term.

Cook decided not to accept the position because "objectivity is the basis of our dedication to local journalism in South Jersey" but he does plan to have a victory party and anyone who voted for him is invited. 


No comments: