November 9, 2012

Mainers still don't know who they elected senator (and neither does senator)

Washington Post - Angus King, the independent senator-elect from Maine, hasn’t decided with which party he plans to caucus next year, and doesn’t rule out joining with Republicans despite the party’s decision to spend millions of dollars in attack ads against him.. . .

As for the possibility of joining with Republicans, King said in an interview Thursday, “I’m not ruling it out, I’m not ruling it in. I’m not ruling it out with the Democrats one way or the other either.”

“I hope to be able to make a decision next week and move on,” he added. “There’s no reason to drag this out. I’m not being coy, I’m not trying to draw attention to myself, I just want to do something that’s true to what I committed to my constituents up here and that is to be a good senator on their behalf.”

No comments: