Progressive Review - As one of the first to suggest a boycott of MPAA and RIAA products, and since boycotts are not as common to folks as they were in a more progressive era, here are some suggestions to go about it:
- Do not boycott all movies or all albums. It doesn't work.
- Analyze the top performers of MPAA and RIAA backers and pick up to three of each for the boycott. There should be a concensus among major pro-Intnernet groups
- Seek movies or performers featuring artists who have been supportive of MPAA and RIAA. This will have an affect on how artists approach this issue as well as the corporations that hire them.
- Seek movies or performers that appeal to an adult audience. Getting 14 year olds to join a boycott may be a bit difficult.
- Encourage the public trashing of personal CDs and DVDs featuring these artists to make the boycott more visible.
- Promote artists not connected with MPAA or RIAA.
- Hold a conference to discuss ways for making the music and movie industry fairer to both artists and audience instead of just to the corporations that exploit both.